Daily supplement with vitamins and minerals
- For a properly functioning immune system
- Contains the patented, Danish-produced selenium yeast SelenoPrecise with a documented stable bioavailability of 89% for every batch
- Contains a complete vitamin B complex
- Without nutritional iron
- Manufactured under Danish pharmaceutical control
See related categories
|1 tablet contains||% RDA*|
|Vitamin A (retinol acetate)||864 µg||RE||108%|
|Vitamin B1 (thiamine hydrochloride)||1,8 mg||164%|
|Vitamin B2 (riboflavine)||2,8 mg||200%|
|Vitamin B3 (nicotinamide)||15,0 mg||NE||94%|
|Vitamin B5 (calcium-D-pantothenat)||7,5 mg||125%|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride)||4,2 mg||300%|
|Vitamin B8 Biotin (D-biotin)||100 µg||200%|
|Vitamin B9 (pteroylmonoglutamic acid)||200 µg||100%|
|Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)||4,5 µg||180%|
|Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid)||200 mg||250%|
|Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)||2,5 µg||50%|
|Vitamin E (DL-a-tocoferyl acetate, D-a-tocoferyl succinate)||30 mg||a-TE||250%|
|Chromium (Chromium enriched yeast, ChromoPrecise®)||50 µg||125%|
|Copper (copper gluconate)||1.000 µg||100%|
|Magnesium (magnesium oxide)||75 mg||20%|
|Manganese (manganese gluconate)||2,5 mg||125%|
|Selenium (Selenium enriched yeast, SelenoPrecise®)||62,5 µg||114%|
|Zinc (zinc gluconate)||7,5 mg||75%|
* RDA = Recommended Daily Allowance
1 tablet daily, unless otherwise advised.
Do not exceed the recommended daily dosage.
Do not chew the tablet but swallow it whole, preferably during/after a meal.
A healthy lifestyle and a varied balanced diet are important for maintaining good health.
Certain variations in tablet appearance may occur, due to natural colour variations of the mix of vitamins/minerals in the production process.
Vitamins, minerals, bulking agent (microcrystalline cellulose), anti-caking agent (cross carmellose sodium, magnesiumsalts of fatty acids), strengthening agent (silicon dioxide), glazing agent (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, corn protein).
Dark, dry and at room temperature.
Keep out of reach of young children.
What is Bio-Multi?
Bio-Multi (Multivitamin Pharma Nord / Bio-Antioxiodant) is a broad-spectrum, high-quality nutritional supplement manufactured in accordance with pharmaceutical standards. Bio-Multi contains 12 primary vitamins and 6 minerals, including the patented selenium preparation SelenoPrecise® and other important antioxidants. One single tablet provides a high dose of the most, relevant vitamin and minerals, including the group of B vitamins.
Bio-Multi does not contain iron. This is because not everyone benefits from supplemental iron. People who are in need of extra iron can easily take a separate supplement of organically bound iron.
What are vitamins?
Vitamins are essential, organic compounds that the body is either unable to produce or produces in amounts that are inadequate. That is why we need vitamins from our diet. A nutrient can only be refered to as a vitamin if a deficiency causes a specific disease. Vitamins are grouped as either water-soluble or fat-soluble vitamins. The water-soluble vitamins are not stored in the body but are excreted relatively quickly. The fat-soluble vitamins, on the other hand, are stored and take longer to exit the body. For that reason it takes a while before signs of a deficiency occur.
Some vitamins and minerals like selenium, zinc, vitamin C and -E have antioxidant properties meaning that they are able to protect cellular DNA, proteins, and lipids against so-called oxidative stress. In a multivitamin complex, the relation between the individual vitamins and minerals is adjusted proportionally. Multivitamin Pharma Nord contains 18 different nutrients.
What are minerals?
Minerals are elements found in the earth and in the sea, where they are absorbed by plants and continues up through the food chain. When we eat plants, fish and animals we get minerals in the form of various elemental salts. Selenium contributes to a healthy immune system and thyriod function. Zinc plays a role in the maintenance of skin, hair, vision, nails and bones. Chromium take a part in the maintenance of a normal blood glucose level and magnesium contributes to a healthy muscle function.
The body is not able to absorb pure minerals very well. Also inorganically bound minerals are not absorbed nearly as well as organically bound ones depending on the specific mineral.
The minerals in our diet are divided in the following categories, depending on how much we need on a daily basis:
- Macro minerals: Over 100 mg daily
- Trace elements: From 1 - 100 mg daily
Micro minerals: Under 1 mg (1.000 μg) daily
Macro minerals are not more important for our health than micro minerals, although we need to ingest larger amounts of them. It is exactly like an intricate clockwork where the small cogwheels are every bit as important as larger cogwheels in order for the watch to function properly.
Good vitamin and mineral sources
The best source of vitamins and minerals is a healthy varied diet, preferably with a lot of unrefined foods. Vitamin C contributes to the collagen formation for healthy bones, gums, skin, teeth and cartilage. Vitamin D plays a role in the maintenance of healthy bones, teeth and muscle function and vitamin B1 contributes to a normal function of the heart.Good vitamin and mineral sources generally include:
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has evaluated the evidence behind the active ingredients and has acknowledged the following claims:
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation that affects the normal functioning of blood vessels
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation, which is important for normal function of bones
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation, which is important for normal function of cartilage
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation, which is important for normal function of gums
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation, which is important for normal function of skin
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation, which is important for normal functioning teeth
- Vitamin C, niacin, pantothenic acid, Vitamin B12, vitamin B6, vitamin B2, biotin, manganese, and copper contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Vitamin C, niacin, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, vitamin B2, thiamine, biotin, magnesium, and copper contribute to the normal function of the nervous system
- Vitamin C, niacin, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, thiamine, folic acid, biotin and magnesium contributes to a normal psychological function
- Vitamin C, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin D, folic acid, zinc, selenium and copper contribute to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B2, zinc, selenium, manganese and copper contribute to the protection of cells against oxidative stress
- Vitamin C, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, vitamin B2, folic acid and magnesium helps to reduce tiredness and fatigue
- Vitamin C contributes to the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E
- Vitamin C increases the absorption of iron
- Niacin, vitamin B2, vitamin A and biotin helps to the maintenance of normal mucous membranes
- Niacin, vitamin B2, and vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal skin
- Pantothenic acid contributes to normal synthesis and metabolism of steroid hormones, vitamin D and certain neurotransmitters
- Pantothenic acid contributes to normal mental performance
- Vitamin B12, vitamin B6 and folic acid contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism
- Vitamin B12, vitamin B6 contributes to normal red blood cell formation
- Vitamin B12, vitamin D, folic acid, magnesium and zinc has a role in the process of cell division
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal cysteine synthesis
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal protein and glycogen metabolism
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity
- Vitamin B2 contributes to the maintenance of normal red blood cells
- Vitamin B2, vitamin A and zinc helps to maintain normal vision
- Vitamin B2 and vitamin A contributes to normal metabolism of iron
- Thiamine and magnesium contributes to normal energy metabolism
- Thiamine contributes to normal function of the heart
- Vitamin A plays a role in cell specialisation process
- Vitamin D contributes to normal absorption / utilization of calcium and phosphorus
- Vitamin D contributes to normal blood calcium levels
- Vitamin D, magnesium, zinc and manganese contributes to the maintenance of normal bone
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal muscle function
- Vitamin D and magnesium contribute to the maintenance of normal teeth
- Folic acid contributes to normal maternal tissue growth during pregnancy
- Folic acid contributes to normal amino acid synthesis
- Folic acid contributes to normal blood formation
- Biotin, chromium and zinc contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism
- Biotin, zinc and selenium contribute to the maintenance of normal hair
- Biotin and zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal skin
- Chromium helps to maintain normal blood sugar levels
- Magnesium contributes to electrolyte balance
- Magnesium contributes to normal muscle function
- Magnesium and zinc contributes to normal protein synthesis
- Zinc contributes to normal acid-base metabolism
- Zinc contributes to normal carbohydrates metabolism
- Zinc contributes to normal cognitive function
- Zinc contributes to normal DNA synthesis
- Zinc contributes to normal fertility and reproduction
- Zinc contributes to normal metabolism of fatty acids
- Zinc contributes to normal metabolism of vitamin A
- Zinc and selenium contribute to the maintenance of normal nails
- Zinc helps to maintain a normal level of testosterone in the blood
- Selenium contributes to normal spermatogenesis
- Selenium contributes to normal thyroid function
- Manganese contributes to the normal formation of connective tissue
- Copper contributes to the maintenance of normal connective tissue
- Copper contributes to the normal pigmentation of the hair
- Copper contributes to normal iron transport in the body
- Copper contributes to the normal pigmentation of the skin