Natural fish oil in fish gelatine with lemon taste
- Fish oil in natural triglyceride form
- With lemon flavor in capsules made of fish gelatine
- Neither smell or taste of fish
- Very pure fish oil which are far below regulatory limit values for pollution
- With EPA and DHA which contributes to the maintenance of a normal heart function(*), brain function(**) and a normal vision(**).
- Manufactured under Danish pharmaceutical control
*) Min. 250 mg DHA / EPA daily. **) Min. 250 mg of DHA daily
See related categories
|1 capsule contains|
|Fish oil||1000 mg|
|including DHA + EPA||300 mg|
1 capsule per day in addition to fish consumption has a beneficial effect on the heart*
2 capsules per day has a beneficial effect on the brain** and eyesight**
* The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250 mg of EPA + DHA per day
**The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250 mg of DHA per day
Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
Preferably during / after meals.
Also suitable for children. The oil in the capsule has a mild flavor and can be squeezed out on a piece of bread or mixed in eg. porridge.
Fish oil fatty acids,
capsule shell: fish gelatin,
humectants: glycerol, purified water,
flavor: natural lemon flavor.
Dark, dry and store in room temperature.
Keep out of reach of young children.
Dietary supplements are no substitute for a varied diet.
A healthy lifestyle and a varied balanced diet are important for maintaining good health.
Fish in fish – a natural solution
Each Bio-Fish Oil capsule contains 1.000 mg of fish oil in a stable, natural triglyceride form with a high content of the essential omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA. The fish oil in the preparation does not come from aquaculture, but from wild fish. The oil is purified and is therefore free of contamination. The capsules are made from fish gelatin, ensuring that the fish oil is contained in its natural "wrapping". This is a great advantage to those who do not wish to consume gelatin of bovine or swine origin. The added natural lemon flavor makes the taste pleasant and without taste of fish.
Bio-Fish Oil is an economical fish oil preparation for regular everyday consumption.
Great for kids
Fish oil for those with a discerning palate
Despite the capsule size Bio-Fish Oil is also suitable for children as the capsules may be sucked and chewed or squeezed out on food. Some children dislike the taste of fish and may therefore benefit from using Bio-Fish Oil that has a pleasant lemon flavor. The natural lemon flavor also helps prevent unpleasant "fish burps" that may occur during the day.
What are omega-3 fatty acids?
Omega-3 fatty acids is a group of essential, polyunsaturated fatty acids that are primarily found in fish, namely oily fish like herring, salmon, and mackerel. The two most important omega-3 fatty acids are eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Way back in the late 1970’s two Danish doctors, Bang and Dyerberg, demonstrated why Greenland Eskimos, because of their large consumption of fish and sea mammals, generally had better health than the Danish population. Kids who don’t eat fish can with an advantage take a supplement of omega-3 fatty acids to ensure a sufficient intake of these beneficial compounds. In fact, it is ideal if a diet provides the right balance between omega-3 and omega-6 (a group of fatty acids found in plants). Experts believe it is ideal to ingest omega-3 and omega-6 in a 1:4 ratio.
EPA and DHA have several positive health benefits. For instance, a 200 mg per day intake of DHA contributes to normal visual development of infants up to 12 months of age. 250 mg of DHA each day contributes to maintaining normal vision and brain function. If you intake 250 mg in a mix of EPA and DHA it will support a normal heart function. The mentioned levels correspond with 2-3 Bio-Fish Oil capsules daily.
In higher amount two grams of EPA/DHA daily help to maintain normal triglyceride levels in the bloodstream and three grams of EPA/DHA help to maintain normal blood pressure.
The EU Food Safety Agency (EFSA) has evaluated the evidence behind the product's content of essential omega 3 fatty acids and has acknowledged the following statements:
- EPA* and DHA* contributes to normal heart function
* Min. 250 mg of EPA / DHA per day
- DHA* helps to maintain normal vision
* Min. 250 mg DHA per day
- DHA* contributes to the maintenance of normal brain function
* Min. 250 mg DHA per day
- Intake of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) intake contributes to the normal development of vision in infants aged up to 12 months of age* (Art. 14)
* The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 100 mg DHA
- Maternal intake contributes to the normal development of the brain of the foetus and breastfed infants ** (Art. 14)
** Info to pregnant and lactating woman: The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 200 mg of DHA in addition to the recommended daily intake of omega-3 fatty acids for adults, ie: 250 mg DHA and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). The claim can be used only for food which provides a daily intake of at least 200 mg DHA
- Maternal intake of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) contributes to normal brain development in the fetus and infants are breastfed *** (Art. 14)
*** Info to pregnant and lactating woman: The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 200 mg of DHA in addition to the recommended daily intake for omega-3 fatty acids for adults, i.e.: 250 mg DHA and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). The claim can be used only for food which provides a daily intake of at least 200 mg DHA