For athletes and physically active people
Combination preparation of essential omega-3 fatty acids, gamma linolenic acid and selected vitamins and minerals
- Used by athletes and exercisers
- Contains selenium from organically bound SelenoPrecise and other antioxidants which help protect the body's cells against oxidative stress
- Contains vitamin C which contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Contains EPA and DHA which contribute to a normal heart function
- Manufactured under Danish pharmaceutical control
- Scientifically documented
|Recommended daily dose||% RDA*|
|Vitamin A||800 µg||RE||100%|
|Vitamin E||15 mg||a-TE||125%|
|Vitamin C||90 mg||113%|
|Vitamin B6||2 mg||143%|
|Fish oil||1,120 mg|
|whereof omega-3 fatty acids||746 mg||a-TE||-|
|Other omega-3 fatty acids||122 mg||-|
|Borage seed oil||2,880 mg||-|
|whereof GLA||640 mg||-|
* RDA: Recommended Daily Allowance
8 capsules and 1 tablet daily swallowed whole, during or after meals. It is recommended that this dose is taken for at least 30 days, unless advised otherwise.
Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Dietary supplements should not replace a varied diet.
A healthy lifestyle and a varied balanced diet are important for maintaining good health.
Pregnant and lactating women and those on medication should seek professional advice prior to taking supplements.
EP Patent No. 1 478732 B1
Tablets: Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid), Mineral (*SelenoPrecise®, selenium-enriched yeast), Filler: Microcrystalline cellulose, Mineral (Zinc gluconate), Vitamin E (DL-a-tocopheryl acetate, D-a-tocopheryl succinate), Vitamin A (Retinyl acetate), Surface treatment agents: Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Zein, Anti-caking agent: Magnesium salts of fatty acids, Thickening agent: Silicon dioxide, Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride), Color: Iron oxide.
Capsules: Borage seed oil (Borago officinalis L.) , fish oil, gelatin, glycerol.
Dark, dry and at room temperature. Keep out of reach of young children.
Bio-Sport is a unique sports-preparation featuring a combination of capsules and tablets.
The capsules contains the essential omega-3 fatty acids in the form of highly bio-available free fatty acids together with gammalinolenic acid.
The tablets contains several different vitamins and minerals with documented antioxidant properties that help you stay physically active, even during periods of maximum physical strain.
Bio-Sport contains vitamin C, which supports the maintenance of a normal immune system during and after intense physical exercise*.
Bio-Sport is intended for acute use for a period of 30 days, but can be taken continuously.
*Min. 200 mg vitamin C a day.
What are antioxidants?
Antioxidants are compounds that neutralize free radicals in the body. Free radicals are chemically unstable molecules that react with their surroundings, causing damage to cells, cell membranes, lipids, etc. Antioxidants protect cellular DNA, proteins, and lipids against oxidative stress by counteracting free radicals and inhibiting their detrimental impact. Antioxidants include vitamins and several other substances in our diet that are known to have an antioxidant effect. Selenium, vitamin C and vitamin E are all involved in the protection of cells against oxidative stress.
Free radicals in the body
Free radicals are a natural part of our biochemistry. We cannot avoid them, as they are an inevitable part of life. Free radicals are formed in the body when we breathe, are physically active, and they are even generated by the food we eat. Some factors are known to spawn more free radicals than others. For example, smoking, air pollution, alcohol, and strenuous exercise cause an increase of free radicals in the body. In such cases, our need for protective antioxidants goes up.
Fish oil with good bio-availability
Fish oil with good bioavailability
The fish oil in Bio-Sport provides free omega-3 fatty acids in their free form and not as triglycerides. In studies, fish oil as free fatty acids have been shown to be more assimilable than fish oil in its triglyceride form.
Extremely pure fish oil
Due to global pollution, fish contains various environmental toxins such as heavy metals, PCBs, furans, etc. Due to a highly advanced purification process, the fish oil in Bio-Sport is extremely clean. Any content of environmental toxins is way below the health authorities' official threshold levels for fish and fish oil products.
High-quality gammalinolenic acid
The gamma linolenic acid (GLA) in Bio-Sport comes from the plant Borage (Borago officinalis). It is ISO-certified, non-GMO and, like the fish oil, extremely clean.
Ingestion of large quantities of polyunsaturated fatty acids increases the need for complementary antioxidants. This extra requirement is fully covered with one Bio-Sport tablet daily.
Bio-Sport contains 100 μg of selenium in the form of Pharma Nord’s patented, organic and highly bio-available selenium yeast, SelenoPrecise®.
Good sources of essential fatty acids and antioxidants
Several foods contain essential fatty acids and antioxidants, for example:
- oily fish
- green vegetables
- borage oil
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has evaluated the evidence behind the active ingredients and has acknowledged the following claims:
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal mucous membranes, normal skin, and normal vision
- Vitamin A, Vitamin B6 , vitamin C, zinc, and selenium contribute to normal functioning of the immune system
- Vitamin A has a role in the process of cell specialization
- Vitamin A contributes to normal iron metabolism
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal cysteine synthesis
- Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Vitamin B6 and vitamin C contribute to the nervous system's normal function
- Vitamin B6 contributes to a normal homocysteine metabolism
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal protein and glycogen metabolism
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal psychological function
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal red blood cell formation
- Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C help to reduce tiredness and fatigue
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal functioning of blood vessels, bones, teeth, cartilage, gums, and skin
- Vitamin C contributes to normal psychological function
- Vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc, and selenium contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Vitamin C contributes to the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E
- Vitamin C increases iron absorption
- Zinc contributes to normal acid-base-metabolism, to normal metabolism of carbohydrates, normal protein synthesis, normal metabolism of fatty acids, normal macronutrient metabolism, normal metabolism of vitamin A, normal cognitive functions, normal DNA synthesis, and normal fertility and reproduction
- Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and skin
- Zinc and selenium contribute to normal hair and nails
- Zinc contributes to normal testosterone levels in the blood
- Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal vision
- Zinc has a role in the process of cell specialization
- Selenium contributes to normal sperm cell production
- Selenium contributes to normal functioning of the thyroid gland
- EPA* and DHA* contribute to normal heart function
* Min. 250 mg of EPA / DHA per day
- DHA* helps to maintain normal vision
* Min. 250 mg DHA per day
- DHA* contributes to the maintenance of normal brain function
* Min. 250 mg DHA per day
- Intake of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) intake contributes to the normal development of vision in infants up to 12 months of age* (Art. 14)
* The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 100 mg of DHA
- Maternal intake of DHA contributes to normal development of the brain of the fetus and in breastfed infants ** (Art. 14)
** Info to pregnant and lactating woman: The beneficial effect is obtained with daily intake of 200 mg of DHA in addition to the recommended daily intake of omega-3 fatty acids for adults, i.e.,: 250 mg of DHA and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). The claim can be used only for food which provides a daily intake of at least 200 mg of DHA
- Maternal intake of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) contributes to normal brain development in the fetus and infants that are breastfed *** (Art. 14)
*** Info to pregnant and lactating woman: The beneficial effect is obtained with daily intake of 200 mg of DHA in addition to the recommended daily intake for omega-3 fatty acids for adults, i.e.,: 250 mg of DHA and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). The claim can be used only for food which provides a daily intake of at least 200 mg of DHA