For athletes and physically active
Combination preparation of essential omega-3 fatty acids, gamma linolenic acid and selected vitamins and minerals
- Used by athletes and exercisers
- Contains selenium from organically bound SelenoPrecise and other antioxidants which helps protect the body's cells against oxidative stress
- Contains vitamin C which contribute to reducing tiredness and fatique
- Contain EPA and DHA which contribute to a normal heart function
- Manufactured under Danish pharmaceutical control
- Scientifically documented
See related categories
|Recommended daily dose||% RDA*|
|Vitamin A||800 µg||RE||100%|
|Vitamin E||15 mg||a-TE||125%|
|Vitamin C||90 mg||113%|
|Vitamin B6||2 mg||143%|
|Fish oil||1.120 mg|
|where of Omega-3 fatty acids||746 mg||a-TE||-|
|Other Omega-3 fatty acids||122 mg||-|
|Borage seed oil||2.880 mg||-|
|where of GLA||640 mg||-|
* RDA: Recommended Daily Allowance
Bio-Sport is a unique sports-preparation featuring a combination of capsules and tablets.
The capsules contains the essential omega-3 fatty acids in the form of highly bio-available free fatty acids together with gammalinolenic acid.
The tablets contains several different vitamins and minerals with documented antioxidant properties that help you stay physically active, even during periods of maximum physical strain.
Bio-Sport contains vitamin C, which supports the maintenance of a normal immune system during and after intense physical exercise*.
*Min. 200 mg vitamin C a day.
What are antioxidants?
Antioxidants are compounds that neutralize free radicals in the body. Free radicals are chemically unstable molecules that react with their surroundings, causing damage to e.g. cells and cell membranes. Antioxidants protect cellular DNA, proteins, and lipids against oxidative stress by counteracting free radicals and inhibiting their detrimental impact on cells etc. Antioxidants include vitamins and several other substances in our diet that are known to have an antioxidant effect. Selenium, vitamin C and -E supports the protection of cells against oxidative stress.
Free radical production
Free radicals are part of our biochemistry, we cannot avoid them. They are an inevitable part of life and are produced when we breathe and are even generated by the food we eat. Some factors are known to spawn more free radicals than others: Smoking, air pollution, alcohol, and strenuous exercise cause an increase of free radicals in the body. In such cases, our need for protective antioxidants increases.
Fish oil with good bio-availability
High bioavailability of fish oil
The fish oil in Bio-Sport provides free omega-3 fatty acids and no triglycerides. Fish oil given as free fatty acids have in studies shown better absorbable than fish oil given as triglycerides.
Extremely pure fish oil
An extraordinary meticulous cleaning of the fish oil in Bio-Sport implies that it is far below the official limit values set for fish and fish oil products.
High quality gamma linolenic acid
The content of gamma linolenic acid (GLA) comes from the plant Borage (Borago officinalis). It is ISO-certified, non-GMO and, like the fish oil, extremely clean.
Intake of large amounts of polyunsaturated fatty acids increases the need for simultaneous intake of antioxidants. This extra requirement is provided with one daily Bio-Sport tablet.
Bio-Sport contains 100 μg selenium in the form of Pharma Nord’s patented, organic and highly bio-available selenium yeast, SelenoPrecise®.
Good sources of essential fatty acids and antioxidants
Several foods contain essential fatty acids and antioxidants, for instance sources like:
- oily fish
- green vegetables
- borage oil
The EU Food Safety Agency (EFSA) has evaluated the evidence behind the active ingredients in the product and has acknowledged the following statements:
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal mucous membranes, normal skin, and normal vision
- Vitamin A, Vitamin B6 , vitamin C, zinc and selenium contribute to normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin A has a role in the process of cell specialisation
- Vitamin A contributes to normal iron metabolism
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal cysteine synthesis
- Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Vitamin B6 and vitamin C contributes to the nervous system's normal function
- Vitamin B6 contributes to a normal homocysteine metabolism
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal protein and glycogen metabolism
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal psychological function
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal red blood cell formation
- Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C helps to reduce tiredness and fatigue
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal functioning of blood vessels, bones, teeth, cartilage, gums, and skin
- Vitamin C contributes to normal psychological function
- Vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc and selenium contributes to the protection og cells from oxidative stress
- Vitamin C contributes to the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E
- Vitamin C increases iron absorption
- Zinc contributes to normal acid-base-metabolism, to normal metabolism of carbohydrates, normal protein synthesis, normal metabolism of fatty acids, normal macronutrient metabolism, normal metabolism of vitamin A, normal cognitive function, normal DNA synthesis, and normal fertility and reproduction
- Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal bone and skin
- Zinc and selenium contributes to normal hair and nails
- Zinc contributes to normal testosterone levels in the blood
- Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal vision
- Zinc has a role in the process of cell specialisation
- Selenium contributes to normal spermatogenesis
- Selenium contributes to normal thyroid function
- EPA* and DHA* contributes to normal heart function
* Min. 250 mg of EPA / DHA per day
- DHA* helps to maintain normal vision
* Min. 250 mg DHA per day
- DHA* contributes to the maintenance of normal brain function
* Min. 250 mg DHA per day
- Intake of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) intake contributes to the normal development of vision in infants aged up to 12 months of age* (Art. 14)
* The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 100 mg DHA
- Maternal intake contributes to the normal development of the brain of the foetus and breastfed infants ** (Art. 14)
** Info to pregnant and lactating woman: The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 200 mg of DHA in addition to the recommended daily intake of omega-3 fatty acids for adults, ie: 250 mg DHA and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). The claim can be used only for food which provides a daily intake of at least 200 mg DHA
- Maternal intake of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) contributes to normal brain development in the fetus and infants are breastfed *** (Art. 14)
*** Info to pregnant and lactating woman: The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 200 mg of DHA in addition to the recommended daily intake for omega-3 fatty acids for adults, i.e.: 250 mg DHA and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). The claim can be used only for food which provides a daily intake of at least 200 mg DHA
8 capsules and 1 tablet daily swallowed whole, during or after meals. It is recommended that this dose is taken for at least 30 days, unless otherwise advised.
Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Dietary supplements should not replace a varied diet.
A healthy lifestyle and a varied balanced diet is important for maintaining good health.
Pregnant and lactating women and those on medication should seek professional advice prior to taking supplements.
EP Patent No. 1 478732 B1
Tablets: Zinc: zinc gluconate, vitamin C: ascorbic acid, selenium: selenium enriched yeast (SelenoPrecise), microcrystalline cellulose, vitamin E: d-a-totopheryl succinate, dl-a-tocopheryl acetate, vitamin A: retinyl acetate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, silicon dioxide, talc, vitamin B6: pyridoxine hydrochloride, zein, magnesiumsalt of fatty acids, iron oxide, titanium dioxide.
Capsules: Borage seed oil (Borago officinalis L.) , fish oil, gelatin, glycerol.
Dark, dry and at room temperature. Keep out of reach of young children.